1. Home
May I tell you a little secret? I never pay for magazine subscriptions - ever. If I want a magazine subscription for myself or a friend I look for a free subscription. There are some magazines that you are not likely to get for free, but there are also many that are offered absolutely free of charge.

I just wrote a profile of Rewardsgold.com, one of the best places to find free magazine subscriptions. If you read the profile you will find that not only do they offer free magazine subscriptions, but they claim to offer free samples and other rewards also.

I know that many of you are members of Rewardsgold.com and other rewards programs. Please comment below on your experiences, especially if you have received rewards other than magazine subscriptions form Rewardsgold.com. If you have other favorite rewards programs please let us know about them too.

Comments

March 2, 2009 at 8:08 am
(1) LILLIAN says:

The magazines subscriptions are not free. I went to womanns magazine and could not find one that is free.

March 2, 2009 at 8:27 am
(2) Don says:

After you sign up they send frequent e-mails. The magazines are free. I currently receive about 5. HOWEVER, use a free email address, I do seem to get a lot of junk now. Also when the subscription is about to run out I get phone calls.

March 2, 2009 at 8:38 am
(3) BillyJean says:

I clicked on the Photography magazine and was offered Woman’s Day becuase they were out of the Photography mag. I got the free Woman’s Day subscription and then they offered me a free health magazine sub which I also got.

These offers are great and they do work.

March 2, 2009 at 9:20 am
(4) joe says:

thanks, but no thanks. I dont even think half the publishers of these magazines are even aware of these offers. One magazine had sent me a couple of issues then stopped. When I inquired they said they had no idea half these offers existed, had nothing to do with it and we’re sorry they couldnt honor it. Also be careful of those magazine subscription services that offer subs at a huge discount. Case in point, I subscribed to Fangoria magazine through one of those services. Usually the subs for Fangoria are close to 40 or 50 bucks, when I used a subscription service and paid about 25 bucks, I got a few issues but as full cover price. meaning the 25 bucks got me about 3 issues not the full 12 issue sub. I called Fangos main office in NY and talked to Tony Timpone the pub and editor and he apologized but said these things come in all the time and they arent authorized so all they can do is send what you paid for but they go by cover price. If you sent in 25 bucks and the mag is 7.99 an issue, youre getting 3 and that’s it.

March 2, 2009 at 9:29 am
(5) Sadie says:

I’m currently getting 6 subs. I’ve gotten many in the past, some of them up to 3 years for free. I’ve never gotten phone calls or emails,just Magazines.

March 2, 2009 at 9:33 am
(6) oddish says:

Aw come on Lee, what you you mean you wrote a profile that says they “claim” to offer free samples? I expect more from you than this. If you’ve written a profile, I want you to KNOW if they really offer samples or not.

March 2, 2009 at 9:55 am
(7) freebies says:

In reference to the comment from Oddish – I was just clarifying that I know they offer free magazine subscriptions because I have received them. I can’t say at this time whether they are offering free samples or not. I have never received an invitation to get a free sample from them, but that doesn’t mean no one has. That is one reason I asked for feedback in the comments. If I everyone has had the same experience I have then that will be an indication that they are not offering free samples. If lots of people respond and indicate they have received free samples from Rewardsgold.com I will update the profile to reflect that.

March 2, 2009 at 10:17 am
(8) Jim says:

Signed up for a free year of Golf Digest, after filling out form was given confirmation for Forbes Magazine. Classic internet bait and switch to build contact lists which are sold to everyone. DO NOT RECOMMEND!!!

March 2, 2009 at 10:24 am
(9) Amanda says:

I’ve been using this for almost 8 months and have not had any trouble. I get about 6 different subscriptions all for free. I love it! My husband is in marketing and says these programs help raise subscription numbers which let’s the magazine charge more for ads.

March 2, 2009 at 10:37 am
(10) Michelle says:

I have received many popular subscriptions over the past couple of years from Rewards gold. They have all been full subscriptions and the first issues arrive quickly!
I use a junk email address and do not ever give my phone number, so I have had no problems, and have enjoyed many mag. subscriptions.
I even sign up my coworkers and friends & family, all with junk email addresses, and they all just love the mags that they receive too!

March 2, 2009 at 11:15 am
(11) rhonda says:

i have recieved Womans day.Better homes and garden.Car and driver.Maxim.Feild and stream. Remedy.Good housekeeping Golf Digest Business week, News week and others and never paid a penny

March 2, 2009 at 12:33 pm
(12) theresa says:

I get several free magazines from RewardsGold.com including TV Guide, Newsweek, Woman Day, Parents,Dime and others. I never get e mails or phone calls regarding them but I do get mail to renew when the subsription is up….I can live with that.

March 2, 2009 at 1:58 pm
(13) EP says:

I used to love these and never had a problem receiving the subscriptions for the advertised time period; HOWEVER, I started having a persistent problem with mag crews showing up at my door. They’d ignore all the “no solicitations” signs at my complex, and even the ones I put on my porch, and they’d also ignore my neighbors in favor of hassling me. Eventually, I realized that these “free” subscriptions were a way for mag crew runners to collect names and addresses of people to put on their route. So, no more free magazines for me. I’ll buy mine at the news stand if that’s what it takes to keep my name and address of a mag crew’s list.

March 2, 2009 at 6:07 pm
(14) Angie says:

The magazines are free. Currently I’m receiving around 4 subscriptions.

March 2, 2009 at 8:03 pm
(15) savvyshopper says:

Over the past 2 yrs, I’ve received at least 8 free subscriptions from Rewards Gold. The subscriptions begin quickly and deliver all issues promised. I’ve never gotten a phone call, emails or any other solicitations. Occasionally, if you do not respond quickly to an offer, the magazine mentioned is no longer available — at which point, they usually offer an alternative.

March 3, 2009 at 5:42 pm
(16) Katy says:

I’ve been receiving multiple magazines from RewardsGold for a couple of years now and i’ve never recieved a bill, phone call or email. I do ocassionally get mail offering discounts if i renew my subscription but overall the magazines are FREE and the offers are great

March 4, 2009 at 4:57 pm
(17) NaplesRI says:

I have ordered and received 11 different magazine subscriptions for free from Rewards Gold, and I DO recommend it. I have had no problems, no solicitations, no bills, nothing but free magazines.
They include TV Guide, Forbes, Saveur, Woman’s Day, Martha Stewart Living, Shape, Prevention and others.
I have also signed my kids up for some and they have had no problems either. All you need to do is fill out a survey that takes a couple minutes- that’s it!
I am surprised to see so many negative comments- i think it’s the greatest thing ever!
(oh and I cycle them thru friends so they get read by many people)

March 8, 2009 at 9:03 am
(18) Lilas says:

I received TV guide free for a year. Then the phone calls started wanting me to renew at a special price.
I don’t have cable so I told them I didn’t want anymore as only get 2 channels in the country where I live.
I told them to take me off their list and stop calling me. After 3 months the calls quit but now I am getting TV guide again when I don’t even want it. If I get a bill, I will not open it and will send it back to them.
Guess if I want any other magazines, I will give a fake phone number and fake email address!!