Updated April 2014
Baidu Antivirus 2014 (version 4.4) is a great free antivirus program due mainly to the fact that while its design is simple and easy to use, the program itself is rich in features.
Important: Baidu Antivirus 2014 provides constant virus protection, also called on-access or resident protection, for free. This means that Baidu Antivirus 2014 can completely replace antivirus software from companies like McAfee and Norton that charge for their software and for yearly access to updates.
- Automatic updates
- Scheduled scans
- Quick install
- USB flash drive protection
- Detects malicious website links
- Can be installed in addition to other antivirus programs
- No built-in firewall
- Baidu Antivirus 2014 automatically scans files, USB devices for viruses and also webpages for phishing attempts.
- Works with other antivirus programs on Windows 8, 7, Vista, and XP.
- Prevents malicious programs from altering your browser.
- Includes a built-in anti-keylogger and webcam protection.
My Thoughts on Baidu Antivirus 2014
My initial thoughts about Baidu Antivirus 2014 were overwhelmingly positive simply because it installed in less than 10 seconds! This is much quicker than the majority of similar products.
I like that it protects not only against threats from USB devices but also from phishing attempts. Also, you don’t normally see webcam protection in an antivirus program, so it’s nice that Baidu Antivirus 2014 includes this feature.