The Bottom Line
Updated December 2013
Comodo Antivirus 6 is certainly one of the best free antivirus programs available.
This is due mostly to their proprietary Defense+ technology that assumes an unknown file is a potential threat, making this free antivirus program almost 100% effective. Most other antivirus programs assume unknown files are safe and only concern themselves with files that have proven to be a problem.
Important: Comodo Antivirus 6 provides constant virus protection, also called on-access or resident protection, for free. This means that Comodo Antivirus can completely replace antivirus software from companies like McAfee and Norton that charge for their software and for yearly access to updates.
- Provides on-access protection from viruses and other malware
- Virus definitions are regularly updated, in the background
- Works with Windows 8, 7, Vista, and XP
- 64-bit versions are also available
- Several other programs and system settings are included that you may want to disable
- Can only be used at home - no business use
- Does not include a "Game Mode" (silent detection)
- Very large setup file that may take awhile to download
- Comodo Antivirus includes a full range of detection engines for viruses, spyware, rootkits, and other malware.
- Includes protection from "all" infection sources like email, games, IM, etc.
- Windows 8, 7, Vista, and XP are all supported operating systems for Comodo Antivirus.
- 64-bit program versions are available for those using 64-bit Windows operating systems.
- Comodo Antivirus updates periodically to stay current with new threats.
- Includes Defense+ technology that doesn't assume anything is safe, yet doesn't bother you with needless warnings either.
Guide Review - Comodo Antivirus 6 Review
Comodo Antivirus 6 is in a class of its own as an antivirus and antimalware solution. The fact that a free program with free updates can almost completely protect you from malicious software should have you replacing your current antivirus program as soon as possible, especially if you're (gasp!) paying someone for the one you have running today.
Just click the Visit Their Website link below to download Comodo Antivirus.
Tip: The Comodo Antivirus 6 installer asks for your email address and permission to change your browser home page, both of which are optional and you should feel free to decline if you're not interested. You should also choose to Customize Installer during installation so you can decline, if you wish, the otherwise-automatic installation of the Comodo GeekBuddy and Comodo Dragon Web Browser software.